• Makes water safe for hermit crabs
  • Removes toxic chlorine, chloramine and ammonia
  • Provides key electrolytes to promote proper and healthy molting

Hermit Safe™ safely, rapidly, and efficiently removes toxic chlorine, chloramine and ammonia. Chlorine and chloramine are commonly used in municipal water sources to disinfect tap water. All three are toxic and should be removed before use of such water (misting, drinking, soaking, etc.). Regular misting is an important part of keeping hermit crabs. Add Hermit Safe™ to water in a spray bottle for misting

Chlorine can cause blistering in hermit crab gills.
Long term exposure can be fatal.

Hermit Safe™ also provides key electrolytes to promote proper and healthy molting. The hermit crab's natural habitat is near the ocean in brackish environments. Brackish water is water which contains more sea salts than freshwater but less than the open sea. It is important to try and replicate this for your crabs. Using HermitSafe™ provides key electrolytes, raising salinity and promoting proper and healthy molting.

Sizes: 100 mL

Add 1 capful (5 mL) per each 1 liter (1 US quart) of new water.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask us a new question. One of the experts from our technical support staff will be happy to promptly respond. You can also call 888‑732‑0003 (Monday- Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST) if you would like to speak directly with a technical support representative.

Hermit Crab use only. Keep away from children

Download Safety Data Sheet (SDS)

8525 HermitSafe 100 mL

Related Products